Cream Platform Privacy Statement
This privacy statement relates to the usage of our platform and associated functionality.
Who are we
- We ("Cream") are Cream Ltd, of 587 Mount Eden Road, Mount Eden, Auckland, New Zealand, and our subsidiaries (Cream Global Limited in New Zealand, and Cream Europe Limited in England).
- Contact us in relation to this privacy statement firstname.lastname@example.org
When do we collect personal data about you
- When you are using our products, including details relating to transactions and data created using our chat functionality.
- When you interact with us in person, through correspondence, by phone, by social media, or through our websites.
Why do we collect and use personal data?
We collect and use personal data to provide our service and customer support.
We may use your information for the following purposes:
- Send you information about the products and services that you use or have purchased from us.
- Follow up on incoming requests (customer support, emails, chats, or phone calls).
- Provide access to our Customer Support.
- Perform our service obligations such as notifications from the platform, training, updates, invoices, reminders, and similar.
- Notify you about any disruptions to our services (system messages).
Our legal basis for collecting personal data
Collecting personal data based on consents
The collection of personal data based on consent from the data subject will be done by using “Consent Forms” that will store documentation related to the consent given by the individual. Individual consents will always be stored and documented in our systems.
Collecting personal data based on contracts
We use personal information for fulfilling our obligations related to contracts and agreements with customers, partners and suppliers.
What type of personal data is collected?
We collect name, phone number and email address, in addition to your company’s name and contact information. We may also collect feedback, comments and questions received from you in service-related communication and activities, such as meetings, phone calls, documents, and emails. From our websites we may collect IP-address and actions taken on the site.
Cream does not collect or process any special categories of personal data, such as public unique identifiers or sensitive personal data.
How long do we keep your personal data?
We store personal data for as long as we find it necessary to fulfill the purpose for which the personal data was collected, while also considering our need to answer your queries or resolve possible problems, to comply with legal requirements under applicable laws, to attend to any legal claims/complaints, and for safeguarding purposes.
This means that we may retain your personal data for a reasonable period of time after your last interaction with us. When the personal data that we have collected is no longer required, we will delete it in a secure manner. We may process data for statistical purposes, but in such cases, data will be anonymized.
Your rights to your personal data
You have the following rights with respect to your personal data:
- The right to request a copy of your personal data that Cream holds about you.
- The right to request that Cream corrects your personal data if inaccurate or out of date.
- The right to request that your personal data is deleted when it is no longer necessary for Cream to retain such data.
- The right to withdraw any consent to personal data processing at any time. For example, your consent to receive e-marketing communications:
- If you want to withdraw your consent to e-marketing, please make use of the link to manage your subscriptions included in our communication. Please note that you may still receive system messages and administrative communications from Cream, such as order confirmations, system messages and notifications about your account activities.
- The right to request that Cream provides you with your personal data and, if possible, to pass on this information directly (in a portable format) to another data controller when the processing is based on consent or contract.
- The right to request a restriction on further data processing, in case there is a dispute in relation to the accuracy or processing of your personal data.
- The right to object to the processing of personal data, in case data processing has been based on legitimate interest and/or direct marketing.
If you wish to discuss any of these rights further or initiate a request in relation to these rights, contact us on email@example.com.
This information is used to make websites work more efficiently, as well as to provide business and marketing information to the owners of the site, and to gather such personal data as browser type and operating system, referring page, path through site, domain of ISP, etc. for the purposes of understanding how visitors use a website. Cookies and similar technologies help us tailor our website to your personal needs, as well as to detect and prevent security threats and abuse. If used alone, cookies and Website Navigation Information do not personally identify you.
Do we share your data with anyone?
We do not share, sell, rent, or trade your information with any third parties without your consent, except from what is described below:
Platform Owners (Our partners who are "Powered by Cream"):
We may share your information with the owner of a platform.
Third-party Service Providers working on our behalf:
We may pass your information on to our distributors, agents, sub-contractors and other associated organizations with the purpose of them providing services to you on our behalf.
Third-party Product Providers we work in association with:
If required by law:
We will disclose your personal information if required by law or if we, as a company, reasonably believe that disclosure is necessary to protect our company’s rights and/or to comply with a judicial proceeding, court order or legal process. However, we will do what we can to ensure that your privacy rights continue to be protected.
Changes to this Privacy Statement
Cream reserves the right to amend this Privacy Statement at any time.
Last updated on: 05 Jun 2018